Oil Cleansing Vs. Other Facial Cleansing Methods
Although it may seem shocking to you, washing your face with oil may be one of the best things you can do for your skin. Many estheticians will agree that the oil cleansing method has many benefits. Plant oils contain wonderful things our skin needs to be healthy: fatty acids, vitamins as well as antioxidant and antibacterial components.
Traditional skin cleansers often contain foaming agents called surfactants. Some surfactants can be irritating and cause our skin to feel “tight” or “squeaky clean”. It is mistakenly believed that unless our skin feels “tight” or “squeaky”, it isn’t really clean. What actually occurs is our skin can be stripped of the natural oils it needs to be healthy. As a result it can lead to irritation and skin barrier disruption which will accelerate the aging process.
Chemistry shows us that “LIKE DISSOLVES LIKE”, hence oil dissolves oil. As you massage cleansing oil into your skin it will attract and dissolve the pore-clogging oil from your skin that contains dirt and bacteria, lifting it away. Over time, it will help to balance your skin's oil production. After removing the oil, your skin will feel clean, moisturized and soft.
Some people may experience skin breakouts when they first start the oil cleansing method. It may take a week or two for your skin to rid itself of any dirt that may be clogging your pores but soon you should notice your skin feels clean and the oil production of your skin will normalize.
How To Wash Your Face With An Oil Cleanser:
- Shake the bottle well.
- Apply about a quarter size amount of oil cleanser into the palm of your hand and rub your hands together one or twice.
- Gently massage the oil into your dry skin for at least 30 seconds but 1 or 2 minutes is even better. Enjoy the experience and think about how you are nurturing your skin.
- Rinse a soft facial cloth in very warm to hot water, Wring the cloth well and press to your face allowing the steam to loosen the oil until the cloth starts to cool.
- Gently wipe away the oil.
- Repeat the steaming process 1-2 more times as needed.
- Follow with your favorite toner, serum, moisturizer.
Frank + Rose Facial Cleansing Oil is formulated with ingredients chosen for their properties to cleanse, nourish and protect normal to dry skin. It is packed with nutrients that your skin needs to be its healthiest. See our ingredients list for more info. It does not contain any surfactants or artificial fragrances which can be skin irritants. It can be used as a stand alone facial wash or part of a two step cleansing routine and is safe for removal of eye makeup. Try some today!